Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Coach-Crazy

Don’t wear one designer head-to-toe. Yes, yes, you’ve heard it all before. Of course, it’s true; to stand out and show off your personality, it’s not ideal to wear a straight-off-the-runway look from any given designer. As easy as this unwritten “rule” sounds, it happens to be much more easily said than done for some people. I could sit here and harp at you all day about the dangers of this epidemic, but the truth is, I am just as guilty as everyone else. As I sit here at my computer and look around, I see an overwhelming amount of Coach products. A patchwork purse with a multicolored scarf sits on the bottom step as a simple black clutch rests just a few steps up. But this is only the beginning. It seems that over the years, Coach has become my one-stop shopping place for all things having to do with purses, clutches, wallets, and key chains. Yes, I’ve wrestled with the idea of buying satchels made by other designers and, as I’m not exactly opposed to doing it, I simply don’t feel the same joy that I do when pulling that red tissue paper out of that crisp white bag to undercover my new leather purse. So how do I deal with this, when, as all good fashionistas do, I constantly try to be anything but ordinary and predictable? Well, I’ve decided to make it my staple, another undeniable element of a truly fashionable woman. While their sleek hairstyles, signature fruity scents, or fierce pumps define some people, I, fashionista, am now recognized by my classic-ly American Coach bags.*

*Please do not get me wrong here. Just because I’ve made Coach bags my signature style does NOT mean that I am planning on wearing them with a Coach hat, scarf, gloves, and sneakers. That would be just WRONG! :)

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

2 comments:

Diane- DB Impressions said...

EVERYONE needs to have something that defines them, whether its their hairstyle, signature scent, tastes in photographic style or whatever...heck even toothpaste choices...not a bad thing! It surely seems you could have chosen something far worse than Coach's sleek and classic style!

Rebecca said...

Hey there Fashionista! Great post! It is so true that in order to individualize your style from the rest, you must find a staple. I'm so happy that you've found yours! Coach is classy and sassy, especially with their new Poppy collection, and a truly fabulous staple!