Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mission: Tutu

My newest obsession is browsing etsy.com at all hours of the day and night. They have the most unique items, from sexy sundresses to a whole section devoted to “geekery”. When I came across these tutus, I was instantly smitten. Lately I’ve had a bit of an infatuation with tutus. I recently purchased a black tutu-shaped skirt with a white bow waistband at Forever 21, but I still couldn’t get over my desire to have a real tutu (especially since, in all my years of ballet lessons, I’ve never actually owned one.) These ones have everything that I’ve ever imaged in the perfect tutu: bright colors, see-through material, and a short, puffy shape. (Plus, the black wire mannequin in these photos just completes the fairy tale feel.) Even though they’re designed for infants and young children, you can get them custom-made in adult sizes, as well. Mission accomplished!





(all photos from http://www.etsy.com)

No comments: