Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

It’s now officially 2011 and for many that means coming up with New Year’s resolutions. Don’t get me wrong; resolutions are a great thing, as they’re most often used to better oneself. However, over the years I’ve found the act of making a resolution to be quite clichéd. Inevitably, the majority of people vow to lose weight or get themselves into shape, an undertaking that is usually all but forgotten by the end of January.

So this year I’ve decided to try something a little different. Instead of setting a specific goal for myself, I’ve simply decided to care less about what people think of me.

All too often I find myself falling in love with a beautiful but strange piece while shopping, only to leave the store without it after wondering what others will think. “What would my friends say if I wore this to school?” I’ll ask myself. Or, “Will other people be wearing this type of thing to the party?”

But recently I’ve realized that the only person you can ever really try to please is yourself. In the long run, does it really matter what others think of my outfits? No, because I wear what I wear to please ME.

So, on that note, here’s to a whole new year full of wild, amazing (and sometimes maybe even a little out-there) outfits!

No comments: